Paul Ferguson - Partner - London
Paul is an experienced commercial and insolvency litigator who joined the firm in 2007. Paul undertakes a broad range of dispute resolution work, both nationally and internationally, across a number of commercial and business sectors (including, recently, banking and finance, oil and energy and insolvent schemes of arrangement).
Paul has particular experience in multi-jurisdictional and cross-border disputes, having been involved in matters in several EC jurisdictions as well as those further afield in places such as the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, India and the USA.
- Acting for a Cayman Islands registered Russian hedge fund in relation to proceedings brought in the High Court.
- Acting for the liquidator of a Cayman Islands bank in an audit negligence claim against Arthur Andersen LLP for sums in excess of $880 million.
- Acting for a French company in successfully bringing an appeal in England against the Joint Administrators of a French company, Rover France SAS, where the Centre of Main Interest of the respondent company was held to be in England by virtue of the administration of its parent company, MG Rover Group Limited.
- Advising the officers of an English registered company in respect of parallel claims in England and Australia, where the parent company was registered in the Republic of Ireland and its subsidiary was registered in Australia.
- Acting for two Lebanese companies in contempt proceedings brought in the High Court; which matter also included conspiracy proceedings, an appeal to the Privy Council from the Court of Appeal of Bermuda and related proceedings in 12 jurisdictions worldwide:  EWHC 2458 (Comm),  EWHC 2640 (Comm),  EWHC 409 (Comm),  EWHC 1024 (Comm),  EWHC 1780 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 21,  EWCA Civ 64,  EWCA Civ 898;  UKPC 29 (Bermuda).
- Acting for a Spanish company in an appeal against an ICC arbitration award under sections 67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996: B v A  EWHC 1626 (Comm).
- Advising a major private equity company in relation to a dispute concerning insurance coverage and underlying proceedings in the USA.
- Advising the subsidiary investment company of the largest bank in Saudi Arabia in relation to software issues.
- Acting for the joint liquidators of a BVI company in relation, inter alia, to a proprietary claim advanced by an English creditor, which claim arose out of the Sinclair v Versailles litigation.
Paul joined SC Andrew LLP in 2007, having qualified in 2002. Paul is a graduate of the University of Manchester and the College of Law.